Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eleven Seconds Reading Review


Eleven Seconds
Warner Books
Published 1998

In the book, Eleven seconds, Travis Roy's dream was to play college hockey at Boston University. Travis ended up going to BU and he started for the first game. Only eleven seconds into the game Travis got paralyzed from the neck down, by falling neck first into the boards

”I still love hockey. I’m not angry at the sport, I’m not angry at anything or anyone.”

Though out the book it shows more about Travis’s life and his family. His family never gave up on Travis. Even though Travis is paralyzed, his girl friend doesn’t leave him. She stays with him and helps him with what ever he needs. Just because Travis had a disability it never stopped him from his goals

“My Family is always, has been a source of strength for me.”

I really enjoyed reading about Travis’s life and what he had to go though. Nothing stopped him from doing what he wanted after his tragedy. I play hockey and this book has opened my eyes about safety and to never give up on your dream. No matter what you’re doing you could get hurt unexpected even if you think your safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment